Strength & Conditioning
Haymarket Chiropractic and Rehabilitation features strength and conditioning clinics for a wide variety of teams. These clinics are focused on increasing the strength and explosive power of each athlete, specific to his or her sport. Clinics are commonly done for pre-season strengthening or as conditioning during the season. Athletes will complete the clinic with measurable results. Our clinics are run Athletic Trainers (ATC’s) and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists® (CSCS).
Reducing Injuries through Strength and Conditioning
We have found through research and firsthand experience that many athletic injuries can be reduced by participating in specific strength, speed and agility training. Included within these programs are a focus on increasing flexibility and core strengthening to develop the total athlete.
By implementing sport specific movements, multi-directional agility training, and proper stretching techniques, we can limit the amount of injuries that an athlete experiences during a competitive season. The more time athletes are available on the field, the better it will be for the team and league.
Components of a Strength and Conditioning Program
At Haymarket Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, we include the following in our strength and conditioning programs:
- Agility training to provide balance and speed during multiple direction changes giving an athlete a competitive edge while on the playing field.
- Plyometric exercise to increase the explosiveness of an athlete’s first step. This will also allow the athlete to access a secondary level of power when the body’s endurance is being tested late in a competitive event.
- Proprioception to decrease an athlete’s reaction time to an adverse situation, therefore minimizing injuries such as ankle sprains.
- Core strengthening to help stabilize an athlete during all movements preformed at high intensities. By increasing the midsections overall strength, the connection between the upper and lower body is increased and the athlete’s speed is impacted tremendously.
- Sports nutritional recommendations to educate each athlete on how making better food choices maximizes endurance, minimizes recovery time, and provides more energy stores during competition.
Sample Cost for a Four Week Program
The cost of a typical strength and conditioning package includes the following:
- Package includes meeting 2 sessions per week (customized to game and practice schedules)
- Maximum 15 athletes per group (10 person minimum)
- 1.5 hour sessions, 2 instructors per group to maximize time
- Sessions specific to age group and gender
- Entire teams can have their own session
Total Cost: $200 per 8 session program per athlete
Please call Haymarket Chiropractic & Rehabilitation at (703) 753-0974 to discuss how we can assist your team this season!